13-Year-Old Dies After Doing TikTok ‘Benadryl’ Challenge

An Ohio teen tragically perished after overdosing on over-the-counter medication while attempting a viral TikTok stunt.
The 13-year-old victim, Jacob Stevens, had been partaking in the “Benadryl Challenge,” a dangerous pursuit in which participants take 12 to 14 of the antihistamines — 6X the recommended dose — in order to induce hallucinations.
Jacob’s father, Justin, told ABC6 that his son was at home last weekend with friends when he overdosed. Footage taken by his pals showed the Columbus resident downing the pills, after which his body reportedly started to seize up.
Jacob was subsequently rushed to the hospital and put on a ventilator. Despite medics’ best efforts, the boy perished six days later on what his father described as the “worst day of his life.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *